Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Rejected!

Well, as the title of this post suggests, I got rejected… by McGill that is. It’s semi-official, I got a big fat refusal from that pretentious, euh… I mean prestigious, institution.

I’m saying semi-official because I found out by logging into my student account and saw “Refusal” as the decision. They didn’t even bother to send me a letter. If they did, I’m pretty sure it would sound like this:

“Dear wannabe student:

After reviewing your file, we regret to inform you that you suck and are unworthy of our attention. By accepting you, we’re loosing a spot that could have gone to a foreign student with lots of cash. Furthermore, your less than stellar academic record would have brought shame on our faculty; thus, we do not believe you will be able to contribute financially to our institution as an alumnus. Finally, but regretfully, we have already filled our ethnic quota.

We thank you for your interest in McGill, and non-refundable admission fee, and wish you the best of luck with your life…if you get one.

Yours truly,

Admissions MG

P.S.: If you still strive to be part of our venerable institution, we still have some spots left in sociology and other jobless subjects”

Ok… the wording would be much more diplomatic, but the underlying meaning, for me, would still remain the same.

Although it was a long shot, it still hurts to be rejected… especially that it’s my 2nd rejection from McGill: first, for Management and now for Law. Before you think that I’m some sort of a hopeless loser, for the record, I did get accepted in Computer Science there, BUT decided to go to ConU instead… (we all know how well that went!) It truly seems like a lifetime ago.

At the moment, I’m still on the waiting list at UdeM, and no word from them yet…

Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Masta said...

Sorry to hear about it Min! Keep your chin up, I'm sure you'll find your place soon. If you find an equivalent to Dr. Brown (was that the name of the guy with the white beard from Coop?) I would be glad to join you in meeting with him for a "pep talk" just like in the good old CompSci/ConU days.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i like this post, very sarcastic and i know the feeling. I got rejected from McGill too years ago when i applied for my undergrad. I did get accepted for my second choice there, but who wants to do a BA in Psych at McSnob uni when u can go to Concordia? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home